How To Clean Laminates – Do’s and Don’ts
From walls to wardrobes, flooring to furniture, and doors to drawing rooms, there’s hardly anything laminates cannot refashion. They are extremely versatile and flexible in nature, and possess some of the most amazing qualities that can transform any space and its interiors to look like something out of a movie set.
Besides being available in a variety of colours, textures, and designs, laminates are also quite popular for their marvelous features that make them scratch and heat resistant, anti-bacterial, impact resistant, and more. However, in order to keep them looking fresh and fabulous for many years, there are a few important measures that you must follow.
Let’s understand what they are –
To keep your laminates in excellent shape, here are a few things you must DO –
- To begin with, use placement mats, coasters and other materials on laminated furniture to avoid direct contact.
- In case of spills, clean up immediately using a soft microfiber cloth with very little water. It is best to spray water or cleaning solution on the cleaning product(s) such as cloth, pad or mop than on the laminate directly.
- In case of stubborn patches, use a mix of warm water and dish soap to get rid of the stains easily.
- For kitchen surfaces, where dirt and germs can collect in the corner and crevices, it is best to use warm water and a cleaning solution. However, make sure to wipe and dry thoroughly. Also, using anti-bacterial laminates from Royale Touché can make maintenance easy and give you peace of mind.
- Lastly, it is advisable to consult and follow your manufacturer’s direction. For example, at Royale Touché, we work directly with our customers and help them understand the materials and the right way to take care of them, so that the whole process becomes educational and informative.
- To ensure the longevity of your laminates, here is something you must definitely avoid:
- First and foremost, avoid using abrasive cleaning tools to get rid of any marks. Next, do not use excess water or leave it to dry on your laminates. To enjoy the stunning colour and look of your laminates, avoid direct sunlight. Avoid any dyed or scented detergents to clean your laminates, as they are more likely to leave stains. Always spray any cleaning solutions, even if they are extremely gentle, on the cleaning material instead of directly on your laminates.
- Laminate surfaces may appear very similar to natural hardwood or stone, but it is important to be mindful and not treat them in a similar fashion. Hence, certain extra precautionary measures are important to be followed, which will allow you to enjoy your space and get your money’s worth.